The Nippon PS series is a solar system under pressure, which does not require displacement between the water tank and the mixing tap. For the circulation of the water between them it is used the pressure of the main net. With this model the solar collector and the water tank are connected into one whole. For the cases in which it is necessary to heat the water additionally, it is added an electric heater of 1500 W with a built-in thermal protection.
The material of the water tank is stainless steel. The vacuum pipes are high year-round efficiency heat pipe type that absorb and convert the ultraviolet and the infrared spectrum of the light into heat not only in a clear day but during cold, rainy and cloudy weather as well. They have minimum 15 years efficiency and withstand hailstorms with measure of the hailstones of up to of 25 mm.
The stand is made under 40 ° tilt and if assembled correctly ensures optimum illumination of the vacuum pipes and heating of the water. For normal functioning of the system and to ensure sufficient pressure of the hot water in the mixing tap, it is not necessary to have a displacement between it and the water tank. This allows the system to be mounted anywhere, appropriately illuminated by the sun.
How does the pressure solar system for hot water work?
• Step 1: The pipe type heat pipe contains a small amount of purified water in a vacuum, in order to create a state of lower air pressure, where the water starts to boil at under 100 ° C (normal boiling point of water).
• Step 2: the water in the pipe begins to boil at very low temperature (e.g., 40 ° C), in order to create steam which rises the heat up in the pipe. This means that the heat exchanging process begins to occur at a very low temperature.
• Step 3: the tip of the pipe carries the heat to the water in the water tank. The heated water rises naturally up and so it is accessible at the top of the water tank.
• Step 4: to keep the water warm and to protect it from the cooling, the water tank (water heater) has been isolated by a special new technology.
• Step 5: the steam comes into contact with the cool part of the tube in the lower part of the boiler, where the cooler water remains. So the steam can condense into water which retrieves the coldness from the top of the heater and then falls drop by drop to the bottom of the tube where it boils again and turns into steam. This repeated cycle accelerates the heat exchange to provide hot water all the time.
• Step 6 and 7: the cold water from the tap is connected to the cold water pipe mouth and the already warmed water from the water heater is going out through a special opening. This reduces the temperature inside the tank and accelerates the process of condensation and heat exchange.
This method of heat transfer works in winter conditions as well as it starts at a very low boiling temperature of the water and the vacuum pipes can maintain a positive temperature of all involved elements in the process.
• This type of solar water heating system works with high pressure and can create a strong water flow.
• Uses heat pipe type pipes to deliver the heat energy and can heat water very quickly.
• Since there is no water in the vacuum pipes from the water tank, there will be no rupture in winter and even if it happens to occur that, the solar system will still work fine.